We’re looking for a highly experienced Executive Assistant that is motivated to work in a rapidly growing, collaborative, and fast-paced start-up. The successful individual will take the initiative to engage with executive team members, solve problems, gather needed information, and carry out requests to help make the leadership team more productive and effective. The ideal candidate for this position must be proactive with excellent problem solving and judgment skills and must be able to handle details of a highly confidential and critical nature, interact comfortably and skillfully with senior level executives within and outside the company, as well as with customers, vendors, and visitors. They will be expected to resolve time sensitive issues with a high degree of precision and exhibit strong organizational, written, and verbal communication skills. Attention to detail and the ability to anticipate the needs of the executive’s team are a must.
- Directly support the senior leadership team with administrative matters.
- Professionally represent the company as a primary point of contact with both internal and external colleagues, partners, and new recruits.
- Support and maintain office operations, both online and physical, while identifying ways to drive efficiencies, leading the effort once identified.
- Sorts and distributes incoming communications, as well as preparing outgoing mail and other correspondence.
- Responds to incoming mail and other materials not requiring the attention of the executive.
- Organize meetings, travel, events, on/off-site conferences, and support general company-wide administrative activities.
- Strategic calendar management for internal and external meetings.
- Complete self-directed proactive business activities, and provide executive support on special projects.
- Gather and disseminate key information in support of or on behalf of the executive team.
- Assists in the preparation of reports and presentations, and perform difficult and/or sensitive information gathering, and distributes such reports to the appropriate people.
- Support monthly corporate credit card reconciliations for completeness of receipts, expense descriptions, and compliance with company policies.
- Create & submit expense reports for the executive team.
- Communicate and coordinate with onsite teams for day to day needs
- Bachelor’s degree 5+ years executive assistance experience supporting VP+ executives in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- 2 to 3 years experience in Technology, Venture Capital or Financial Services, preferred.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership over sometimes ambiguous tasks and situations with little oversight.
- Proficient / Comfortable with software tools (GSuite/Google Workspace, Microsoft products, CRM platforms, ERP systems, etc).
- Strong calendar management skills, including coordination of complex executive meetings across multiple time zones with demonstrated ability to think strategically and prioritize leaders’ calendars based on rapidly shifting priorities.
- Highly skilled communicator who is comfortable interacting through video and audio tools in a way that is professional, friendly, and reassuring.
- Hands-on experience handling tight deadlines, last-minute changes, and ability to pivot quickly.
- Able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment and exercise sound judgment and discretion regarding confidential matters.
- Remote-first until San Diego HQ re-opens (Q1 2022).
- Flexible time off
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Home office set up
- 401(k) plan
- Work alongside the founding team and help shape the future of the company while transforming an entire industry